34 motorized rifle brigade. About living conditions

34th brigade formed as a new part in 2007, has no honorary regalia and titles, simply being called - 34th separate motorized rifle brigade (mountain).

Banner (some of the photos are mine, some are provided by the command of the 34th Omsbr (g))

Banner (some of the photos are mine, some are provided by the command of the 34th Omsbr (g))

Emblem

The brigade was originally sharpened exclusively for the recruitment of contract servicemen, so dormitories of the kubrick type were built, where the soldiers live 4 people in a room. This is what the hostel looks like

The brigade was originally sharpened exclusively for the recruitment of contract servicemen, so dormitories of the kubrick type were built, where the soldiers live 4 people in a room. This is what the hostel looks like

A room in one of the cubicles

Orthopedic mattresses on beds

Above each bed is a lamp

Above each bed is a lamp

Wash basin

Wash basin

shower room

Toilet with dolphins

Toilet with dolphins

I filmed the location and on video, for greater clarity

When forming part of the hostel, they were built based on the number of staff, so when the states changed in the direction of increase during the reform, a housing crisis arose. Several hundred soldiers simply had nowhere to live, so the command had to get out as follows - a couple of units are constantly at the field exit, after a certain time there is a change, and they enter the hostels, and the previous tenants go to the field for exercises. Of course, this problem must be solved by building an additional hostel.

Gyms on each floor are standard, well-equipped, all exercise equipment was regularly purchased in them

Gyms on each floor are standard, well-equipped, all exercise equipment was regularly purchased in them

In the corner, an old pear "crammed" into the trash

In the corner, an old pear "crammed" into the trash

On the poster, the symbolism of the brigade is a staff allowance

On the poster, the symbolism of the brigade is a staff allowance

household room

household room

One of the leisure rooms

One of the leisure rooms

Billiard table with tennis table in the background

Billiard table with tennis table in the background

Cue at the foreman of the company

Cue at the foreman of the company

Yuzany ball

Yuzany ball

Recreation area with TV. You can see these guys in the video below.

The minimum salary for a conscript in a brigade is 2,150 rubles (the driver gets 2,500 rubles, the squad leader gets about 2,700), cell phones are allowed without restriction, the main thing is not to be impudent and not use them during classes and formations. There are no layoffs here, because the brigade is away from settlements and there is simply nowhere to go.

The monetary allowance of contractors is about 18 thousand rubles, plus the payment of a quarterly bonus by order of the Moscow Region No. 1010 (the range is from 30 to 120 thousand, but the average was given at 90 thousand rubles).

The allowance of officers starts from 21 thousand rubles, plus the same order No. 1010 with the same amounts. Payments by order of MO No. 400-A are not made, because. the brigade is not subject to it.

In the unit there is a buffet where you can eat for money and more varied than in an ordinary soldier's canteen. For example, dinner cost me 150 rubles (pasta, meatballs, salad, bread, tea). Clients - officers, contractors, and even conscripts. It goes without saying that contract soldiers and conscripts can eat in a free canteen.

In the unit there is a buffet where you can eat for money and more varied than in an ordinary soldier's canteen. For example, dinner cost me 150 rubles (pasta, meatballs, salad, bread, tea). Clients - officers, contractors, and even conscripts. It goes without saying that contract soldiers and conscripts can eat in a free canteen.

In the soldier's tea room there are terminals for replenishing the phone account (commission 6%), plus you can buy various products and uniforms

In the soldier's tea room there are terminals for replenishing the phone account (commission 6%), plus you can buy various products and uniforms

Food in an ordinary soldier's canteen was transferred to the jurisdiction of a civilian organization and is assessed by the soldiers as normal. There is a special table where the soldiers take samples from the dishes served and write their reviews in the appropriate book.

Food in an ordinary soldier's canteen was transferred to the jurisdiction of a civilian organization and is assessed by the soldiers as normal. There is a special table where the soldiers take samples from the dishes served and write their reviews in the appropriate book.

Cool reviews

Cool reviews

Dining table for four

Dining table for four

Kitchen from the inside

Kitchen from the inside

cooks

The salary of cooks is 13 thousand, of attendants - about 6 thousand. The problem with the recruitment is that the brigade is located in a rather remote corner, on the outskirts, so you can only rely on local residents in the selection of personnel. Those. even a negligent employee is a problem to dismiss, because it is problematic to hire someone instead of him.

Aerial view of residential barracks

Aerial view of residential barracks

Bath and laundry plant

Bath and laundry plant

This is the club building.

The club would be very good: the total area is 3053 sq. m., the total capacity is 910 seats, there is an auditorium, a military museum, an orchestral, editorial and printing house, a library with 12.5 thousand items of storage with a reading room, a vestibule, a wardrobe, bathrooms, artist's room, video library. But... Financing of construction in the brigade was stopped in 2008 (something related to cost overruns) and the club froze at the stage of 97% readiness. The supply and installation of film screening equipment and the club's mechanotechnologies was stopped, work on the installation of a television center, a radio center, a slot machine room and an Internet class was stopped.

There are no problems with service housing in the brigade. A modern residential town has been built for officers and their families, there is a school, a kindergarten, a stadium, a small supermarket (but the prices bite a little).

View of the town from above

View of the town from above

School. The teachers are partly the wives of officers (if there is an appropriate education), partly local teachers. The situation is the same with kindergarten teachers.

School. The teachers are partly the wives of officers (if there is an appropriate education), partly local teachers. The situation is the same with kindergarten teachers.

I was in the apartment of one of the officers (family: he, wife and little son) - two rooms, a kitchen. The apartment is given already with furniture and household appliances: a kitchenette, a wall, a double bed, a refrigerator, a washing machine.

A big surprise was the meeting in the brigade with the captain, who was my company commander in Abkhazia. He only believed from the third time that I had come as a correspondent, and not to be hired under a contract))). We talked about life: Maxim was in the brigade for a little over a month, the very next day upon arrival he received official housing and finally moved his family (in Abkhazia there was no such possibility). He notes the great exactingness of the command to the performance of their official duties by officers.

Now, an interesting situation has arisen regarding official housing, according to the order of the Ministry of Defense No. 1280, the procedure for its provision has changed. If earlier on the housing commission of the unit, the commander of the military unit himself decided who to give housing to, who does not, now to get it you need to go with papers to the office housing department of the district in Rostov. On the one hand, this is convenient, because now getting a service apartment does not depend on relations with the higher command, but on the other hand, traveling 550 km, spending several days on the road, is far away.

The military camp is transferred to the balance of the nearby municipality, and again this has its pros and cons: maintenance costs are transferred from the shoulders of the Moscow Region to the local authorities, but the local administration receives the right to distribute this housing, which creates additional delays in the design of service apartments.

By the way, this is the first military unit where I saw all the soldiers with chevrons on the field uniform, where, in theory, they should not be. If earlier they were red, now they are protective gray. On the right hand - "Ground Forces"

By the way, this is the first military unit where I saw all the soldiers with chevrons on the field uniform, where, in theory, they should not be. If earlier they were red, now they are protective gray. On the right hand - "Ground Forces"

On the left - the symbol of the brigade. Chevron on the left on the new form is still out of place, because. there is also a shoulder strap. Of course, the shoulder strap is tucked into your pocket every day and is not visible, but I came across a photo where he covered the chevron from above. It is necessary to streamline the wearing of a chevron and shoulder straps.

On the left - the symbol of the brigade. Chevron on the left on the new form is still out of place, because. there is also a shoulder strap. Of course, the shoulder strap is tucked into your pocket every day and is not visible, but I came across a photo where he covered the chevron from above. It is necessary to streamline the wearing of a chevron and shoulder straps.

Let's move on to abusive relationships. All the officers and soldiers unanimously said that there was no hazing in the brigade. In addition to the introduction of a year of service, which knocked down this phenomenon, a great merit in the eradication of the non-statutory belongs to the commander of the brigade, Colonel Shemaitis. It is no secret that in many military units the main problem with hazing comes from conscripts from the North Caucasus, but in the 34th brigade the commanders have found an approach to them, so the Caucasians themselves admit that you will not spoil here. Of course, this is the most problematic contingent, but they also found justice for him.

The day of my departure from the unit served as a good illustration of the state of affairs with the non-regular. In the morning I go to say goodbye to the assistant commander of the brigade for work with personnel, and he is covered in soap, answering calls. I learn from fragments of phrases that Private M. (with a characteristic Caucasian surname) beat Private K. (with a characteristic Slavic surname), a criminal case has been opened. Well, I think, hello, they treated me, they treated me that there was no non-regulation, but here you are: a typical situation is Caucasian vs Russian.

The assistant leaves somewhere to report, and at this time the victim comes into the office and sits next to me on a chair. The soldier's eye pleases with a beautiful purple bruise, but it is not he who attracts attention, but the dimensions of the fighter - more than two meters tall and a slanting fathom in the shoulders. I ask him how it all happened, at the same time thinking how such a bull could be touched. The soldier turned out to be a volleyball player (he played professionally somewhere) and explained that he and M. were walking along the corridor towards each other and somehow could not disperse, valiant shoulders collided. The Caucasian flared up, saying, how is it, why are you walking wide, knocking around a little in style: "And who are you?", and he gave Private K. in the eye. K. tried to hit back, but just missed (estimate what kind of hit a volleyball player has, who is practicing the ball). They were immediately separated, an immediate report from the deputy platoon commander, to the company commander, company battalion commander, battalion commander to the brigade headquarters, and those already to the district headquarters. All filed a criminal case. And the injured volleyball player himself, grinning, said that it would be better if they didn’t arouse anything, but simply let them figure it out on their own. Only, I suspect that if kid K. had hit Private M. with his pen, then there would have been a criminal case against the volleyball player. For the teeth would fly and the jaws would crack. The usual fight, and the media reports will appear as hazing.

Finally, as usual, videos with soldiers talking about their service.

You saw these guys in the photo with a rest corner

And in this video, a guy will flash, who in the previous part did push-ups on the parade ground and will tell why he did not buy a military ticket, although there were opportunities

And this guy really wants to drink, they don’t give him, so he doesn’t really like the service

During OSINT-investigation reveals another "defender of the Russian-speakers" - a Russian serviceman of the 34th Motorized Brigade (g) of the RF Armed Forces, who was on a "business trip" in the Donbass. This is evidenced by a group of contacts (residents of Khartsizsk, Donetsk and Makeevka) and heart-rending posts on his page on the social network.

Khartsyzskaya love issued a military mission of a serviceman of the 34th mountain motorized rifle brigade of the RF Armed Forces to the Donbass.

Based on the results of a new OSINT investigation by the InformNapalm international intelligence community, a Russian soldier of the 34th separate motorized rifle brigade (military unit 01485, KChR, Zelenchuksky district, Storozhevaya-2) of the 49th combined arms army of the Southern Military District was identified, who received a "love wound" as a result of his "Rostov-Ukrainian business trip". Despite the fact that, at first glance, there are no clear facts indicating the stay of the person involved in the Donbass, all circumstantial evidence (including those raised from the CASH) testifies to the opposite.

There is no sadder story in the world than the story of Romeo and Juliet.
William Shakespeare

In the course of monitoring and checking the profiles of social networks of Russian military personnel, a contract sergeant of the 34th Motorized Rifle Brigade was identified (presumably, in the recent past - a serviceman of the 7th military base of military unit 09332, Georgia, occupied Abkhazia, the city of Gudauta).

David Sarkisov originally from Rostov-on-Don (archived profile, photo album, contacts), with a sad status “I will never forget you, you will remain in my heart forever!!! I miss you so much!" .

It should be noted that D. Sarkisov is rather cautious in social networks. Among his friendly contacts, military personnel of the 7th military base and the 34th brigade mainly appear, but there are no family ties. And there are not many photos in the album, but there are a number of notable ones, including:

• group photo from the day of the awards, uploaded in August 2016, in which the defendant D. Sarkisov boasts Suvorov medal. This photo is believed to be from March 2015 and his service at the 7th military base. This is indicated by the following factors: the familiar background of the award ceremony, which we already described once in the investigation “Double blow” by Lee on officers of the Southern Military District of the Russian Armed Forces” of February 5, 2016, in which the awarded Order "For Courage" Art. lieutenant of the 7th military base Sergei Dudorov and rewarding - Commander of the 49th Army of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, Major General Sergey Sevryukov, as well as the fact of identification in this photo of a serviceman - a contract soldier of the 7th military base Aidash Mongusha originally from Tuva (archived profile, photo album, contacts) with the medal " For courage”, in the album of which there are a lot of pictures from the occupied Abkhazia and the camp of the invasion forces of the RF Armed Forces near the border with Ukraine in the area of ​​the Kadamovsky training ground in the Rostov region.

The Suvorov Medal is a state award of the Russian Federation, which is issued as an encouragement to military personnel for personal courage and bravery shown in defending the Fatherland and the state interests of the Russian Federation in combat operations on land, during combat service and combat duty, during exercises and maneuvers, during service for the protection of the state border, as well as for excellent performance in combat training and field training. InformNapalm's early investigations featured about two dozen Russian servicemen who received the same awards as a result of military missions to the Donbass, see “Award Stamp of War Criminals of the RF Armed Forces. Database and video graphics" ;

• photo from the field camp of the Russian occupiers, with all the attributes of "rebellious miners", uploaded in August 2016. Among the four posing, our figurant D. Sarkisov is also reclining. The picture refers, presumably, to the period of his last "Ukrainian business trip - 2016", already during the period of service in the 34th Motorized Rifle Brigade;

• well, and the most curious photo of a certain "Stranger", without any comment, uploaded in September 2016.

The specified "Stranger" was recorded among the few contacts of D. Sarkisov. She is a resident of the city of Khartsyzsk, Donetsk region of Ukraine, which is currently under Russian occupation, Yulia Bondarenko(archives of the profile, photo album, contacts), which saves the status on its page “I won’t write, I won’t call and I won’t remind you of myself!” , and her photo in Sarkisov's album is liked by two "ladies" - compatriots from Khartsyzsk.

At first glance, it seems to be nothing special: perhaps David Sarkisov and Yulia Bondarenko are connected by virtual love. But by opening the CASH (archive) of Sarkisov's page dated October 20, 2016, one can find quite interesting details, namely: in front of his surname, Sarkisov indicates Bondarenko's surname in brackets; in his profile there is an album "Beloved" with 11 photos of Y. Bondarenko (as of October 28, 2016 the album has been deleted), besides bookmarks "Interesting pages" it is clear that he is a member groups Donetsk FAQ(“I'm looking for you”, “Ch/S”, “I'll give it away for free”, etc.) and a dozen other pages in the context of Donetsk - “DPR”. The tape on the wall of Sarkisov looks tearful and suffering, in which over the past month it has been full of tearful statuses of the abandoned David. In addition, among the subscribers of D. Sarkisov, you can find more than two dozen female subscribers from Donetsk, Khartsyzsk and Makeevka.

The above information is quite enough to testify to the fact of D. Sarkisov's "Ukrainian business trip" as a serviceman of the 34th Motorized Rifle Brigade, especially since the 34th Mountain Brigade managed to "light up" itself in the Donbas more than once.

P.S. This is not the first love story between a Russian occupier and a resident of Donbass: in October 2015, InformNapalm published a story about a contract sergeant of the 18th Motorized Rifle Brigade (military unit 27777, stationed in Chechnya, Khankala and Kalinovskaya) of the 58th Combined Arms Army of the Southern Military District of the Russian Armed Forces Roman Revere and his passion from Donetsk Ilona Sender, see "Three trips to the Donbass from the 18th Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Russian Federation: Cherchez la femme" .

Composition and armament of the 34th Motorized Rifle Brigade

34th separate motorized rifle brigade (mountain) of military unit 01485, part of the 49th combined arms army of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces. Place of permanent deployment: Karachay-Cherkess Republic, Zelenchuksky district, Storozhevaya-2.

• Compound: Directorate, 1st motorized rifle battalion, 2nd motorized rifle battalion, howitzer self-propelled artillery battalion, anti-aircraft missile and artillery battalion, reconnaissance battalion, control (communications) battalion, electronic warfare company, engineering company, repair company, material support company, medical company , a pack-transport platoon (56 horses), a platoon of the RHBZ, a commandant platoon, a control platoon (chief of artillery), a control platoon (chief of the reconnaissance department), a rifle platoon (snipers). In total, about 2283 personnel.

Armament: 80 units MT-LBM 6MB and MT-LB VMK, 9 units. BTR-80, 18 units 122 mm 2S1 "Carnation", 12 units. 120 mm 2S12 "Sled", 8 units. ZU-23-2.

What do today's soldiers understand by this terrible word? It turns out to be anything. Asked the guys 34th mountain brigade , everyone unanimously asserts that there is no smell of hazing in the unit, because they stop it in the bud, and then suddenly the soldier says that he saw her once. Of course I ask how it was, at the same time I think: "Fuck it, did the other 50 people really lie to me?" It turns out that the guy saw a conscript hit an officer

Hmm, and he calls this hazing ... As they say, if I didn’t start asking him in detail, it would be possible to make a story that non-statutory thrives in the brigade :). That conscript, by the way, got a criminal case.

Some more mountain equipment

In addition to records of the equipment of Russian mountain shooters I will post a couple of photos of the equipment used in the 34th mountain brigade.

Well, a bonus - ice classes:

Well, a bonus - ice classes:

Alpinist officers

AT reportage on the 34th brigade (g) I mentioned that the training of officers for mountain brigades in Russia is carried out by the Far Eastern Higher Military Command School. Here is an article from October 2009 talking about it:

Cadets of the Far Eastern Higher Military Command School at the Daryal training ground of the North Caucasian Military District (SKVO) in North Ossetia, they are undergoing mountain training. This was announced by a representative of the Information Support Department of the Ground Forces of the Russian Federation.

"In the course of training, which will end in mid-November, about 60 cadets from the Far East will put into practice the theoretical knowledge gained at the school for conducting combat operations in the foothills and mountainous areas," he said.

The interlocutor noted that the training of cadets at the training ground is carried out under the guidance of the most experienced instructors-officers of the North Caucasus Military District, "who have combat experience in the counter-terrorist operation in the North Caucasus and the operation to force Georgia to peace." "The internship program is maximally saturated with subjects of combat training and covers all aspects of the use of combined arms units and subunits in mountainous conditions," he stressed.

The representative of the Ground Forces informed that the cadets are trained, in particular, to control armored combat vehicles in the mountains both day and night. In the mountaineering training, cadets learn to move along the steep slopes of the mountains with the help of climbing equipment. During the internship, they will receive the skills of "initial climbing training". According to the plan, the cadets will climb one of the mountain peaks with a height of about 3 thousand meters, which corresponds to the route of the 1st category of difficulty.

Training for units and formations of the Ground Forces of officers with the additional specialty "mountain instructor" began in 2009 on the basis of the Far Eastern Higher Military Command School (DVVKU). Initially, the entire command staff of the units that train mountain climbers (company commanders, platoon commanders), as well as the corresponding teaching staff, at the beginning of this year, underwent sports training on mountaineering topics and graduated from the school of instructors, having received a certified education in mountaineering training of the Russian Mountaineering Federation. A number of teachers of the school graduated from the "master class" of the Mountaineering Federation of the Russian Federation, climbing mountain peaks along routes of the 4th and 5th categories of difficulty.

DVVKU is the only military school in Russia that trains officers for combined arms (mountain) units. Graduation cadets of the school will consolidate their practical skills during military training in the 33rd and 34th motorized rifle (mountain) brigades of the Ground Forces, formed in 2007 and stationed in Botlikh (Dagestan) and Zelenchukskaya (Karachay-Cherkessia). At the end of the internships, the cadets will pass exams and make credit ascents.

Here information that this year DVVKU will also recruit mining officers: "... in 2011, 87 future tankers and 30 people in the specialty "Mountain shooters" will enter the institution."

That is, in a couple of years, trained specialists will begin to come to the mountain brigades, and not, as now, ordinary infantry officers.

Classes with schoolchildren

In the 34th mountain brigade as part of pre-conscription training.

5:00 / 19.11.17
34th mountain brigade. Life

The 34th brigade was formed as a new unit in 2006, it does not have any honorary regalia and titles, it is simply called the 34th separate motorized rifle brigade (mountain).

Banner (part of the photographs of Denis Mokrushin, part provided by the command of the 34th Omsbr (g))

Emblem

The brigade was originally sharpened exclusively for the recruitment of contract servicemen, so dormitories of the kubrick type were built, where the soldiers live 4 people in a room.

This is what the hostel looks like

A room in one of the cubicles,

Above each bed is a lamp.

Wash basin.

Shower.

Toilet with dolphins.

I also filmed the location on video, for greater clarity.

When forming part of the hostel, they were built based on the number of staff, so when the states changed in the direction of increase during the reform, a housing crisis arose. Several hundred soldiers simply had nowhere to live, so the command had to get out as follows - a couple of units are constantly at the field exit, after a certain time there is a change, and they enter the hostels, and the previous tenants go to the field for exercises. Of course, this problem must be solved by building an additional hostel.

Gyms on each floor are standard, well-equipped, all exercise equipment was regularly purchased in them,

In the corner, an old pear "clogged" in the trash,

On the poster, the symbolism of the brigade is a staff allowance.

Household room.

One of the recreation rooms.

Billiard table with tennis table in the background.

Cue at the foreman of the company.

Yuzany ball.

The minimum salary for a conscript in a brigade is 2,150 rubles (the driver gets 2,500 rubles, the squad leader gets about 2,700), cell phones are allowed without restriction, the main thing is not to be impudent and not use them during classes and formations. There are no layoffs here, because the brigade is away from settlements and there is simply nowhere to go.
The monetary allowance of contractors is about 18 thousand rubles, plus the payment of a quarterly bonus by order of the Moscow Region No. 1010 (the range is from 30 to 120 thousand, but the average was given at 90 thousand rubles).

The allowance of officers starts from 21 thousand rubles, plus the same order No. 1010 with the same amounts. Payments by order of MO No. 400-A are not made, because. the brigade is not subject to it.

In the soldier's tea room there are terminals for replenishing the phone account (commission 6%), plus you can buy various products and uniforms.

Reviews are cool.

Dining table for four.

Kitchen from the inside.

The salary of cooks is 13 thousand, of attendants - about 6 thousand. The problem with the recruitment is that the brigade is located in a rather remote corner, on the outskirts, so you can only rely on local residents in the selection of personnel. Those. even a negligent employee is a problem to dismiss, because it is problematic to hire someone instead of him.

Aerial view of residential barracks,

Bath and laundry plant.

This is the clubhouse.

The club would be very good: the total area is 3053 sq. m., the total capacity is 910 seats, there is an auditorium, a military museum, an orchestral, editorial and printing house, a library with 12.5 thousand items of storage with a reading room, a vestibule, a wardrobe, bathrooms, artist's room, video library. But... Funding for construction in the brigade was terminated in 2008 (something related to cost overruns) and the club froze at the stage of 97% readiness. The supply and installation of film screening equipment and the club's mechanotechnologies was stopped, work on the installation of a television center, a radio center, a slot machine room and an Internet class was stopped.

There are no problems with service housing in the brigade. A modern residential town has been built for officers and their families, there is a school, a kindergarten, a stadium, a small supermarket (but prices bite a little).

View of the town from above.

I was in the apartment of one of the officers (family: he, wife and little son) - two rooms, a kitchen. The apartment is given already with furniture and household appliances: a kitchenette, a wall, a double bed, a refrigerator, a washing machine.

A big surprise was the meeting in the brigade with the captain, who was my company commander in Abkhazia. He only believed from the third time that I had come as a correspondent, and not to be hired under a contract))). We talked about life: Maxim was in the brigade for a little over a month, the very next day upon arrival he received official housing and finally moved his family (in Abkhazia there was no such possibility). He notes the great exactingness of the command to the performance of their official duties by officers.

Now, an interesting situation has arisen regarding official housing, according to the order of the Ministry of Defense No. 1280, the procedure for its provision has changed. If earlier on the housing commission of the unit, the commander of the military unit himself decided who to give housing to, who does not, now to get it you need to go with papers to the office housing department of the district in Rostov. On the one hand, this is convenient, because now getting a service apartment does not depend on relations with the higher command, but on the other hand, traveling 550 km, spending several days on the road, is far away.

The military camp is transferred to the balance of the nearby municipality, and again this has its pros and cons: maintenance costs are transferred from the shoulders of the Moscow Region to the local authorities, but the local administration receives the right to distribute this housing, which creates additional delays in the design of service apartments.

By the way, this is the first military unit where I saw all the soldiers with chevrons on the field uniform, where, in theory, they should not be. If earlier they were red, now they are protective gray. On the right hand - "Ground Forces",

Let's move on to abusive relationships. All the officers and soldiers unanimously said that there was no hazing in the brigade. In addition to the introduction of a year of service, which knocked down this phenomenon, a great merit in the eradication of the non-statutory belongs to the commander of the brigade, Colonel Shemaitis. It is no secret that in many military units the main problem with hazing comes from conscripts from the North Caucasus, but in the 34th brigade the commanders have found an approach to them, so the Caucasians themselves admit that you will not spoil here. Of course, this is the most problematic contingent, but they also found justice for him.

The day of my departure from the unit served as a good illustration of the state of affairs with the non-regular. In the morning I go to say goodbye to the assistant commander of the brigade for work with personnel, and he is covered in soap, answering calls. I learn from fragments of phrases that Private M. (with a characteristic Caucasian surname) beat Private K. (with a characteristic Slavic surname), a criminal case has been opened. Well, I think, hello, they treated me, they treated me that there was no non-regulation, but here you are: a typical situation is Caucasian vs Russian. The assistant leaves somewhere to report, and at this time the victim comes into the office and sits next to me on a chair. The soldier's eye pleases with a beautiful purple bruise, but it is not he who attracts attention, but the dimensions of the fighter - more than two meters tall and a slanting fathom in the shoulders. I ask him how it all happened, at the same time thinking how such a bull could be touched. The soldier turned out to be a volleyball player (he played professionally somewhere) and explained that he and M. were walking along the corridor towards each other and somehow could not disperse, valiant shoulders collided. The Caucasian flared up, saying, how is it, why are you walking wide, they jostled a little in the style: “Who are you?”, And he gave Private K. in the eye. K. tried to hit back, but just missed (estimate what kind of hit a volleyball player has, who works out the ball). They were immediately separated, an immediate report from the deputy platoon commander, to the company commander, company battalion commander, battalion commander to the brigade headquarters, and those already to the district headquarters. All filed a criminal case. And the injured volleyball player himself, grinning, said that it would be better if they didn’t arouse anything, but simply let them figure it out on their own. Only, I suspect that if kid K. had hit Private M. with his pen, then there would have been a criminal case against the volleyball player. For the teeth would fly and the jaws would crack.

The usual fight, and the media reports will appear as hazing.

• 1. History
  • 2 Impressions of eyewitnesses
  • 3 Information for mom
    • 3.1 Parcels and letters
    • 3.2 Contact numbers
    • 3.3 How to get there
  • 4 Where to stay

The 34th separate motorized rifle brigade (mountain), or military unit 01485, is deployed in the village of Storozhevaya-2 of the Karachay-Cherkess Republic of the South-Eastern Military District. The uniqueness of the unit is that this unit is the only one of the parts of the Russian Federation that has a pack-transport platoon, or, more simply, horses. The military unit 01485 itself belongs to the mountain troops - associations that conduct combat and reconnaissance operations in mountainous areas.

Emblem of the 34th brigade

Story

The need to create military formations that would operate in the mountains arose in the middle of the 19th century. It was then that the imperial army collided with the groups of Imam Shamil, who easily navigated the area where Russian soldiers were lost. Already 10 years after the collision, in 1858, the village of Storozhevaya arose, where hussars served, guarding the borders of Circassia, which had just become part of the Russian Empire. Later, other villages were founded and, together with Storozheva, in 1868 they became divisions of the Baltapashevsky department, which lasted until 1920.
These are just prerequisites for the history of the emergence of the 34th mountain brigade of motorized riflemen. In 2003, the current military unit 01485 began to form on the basis of the 58th Army. In 2005, the construction of military camps near Makhachkala began. In 2006, the village of Storozhevaya became an independent military unit. In 2008, the completion and arrangement of the garrison and the military camp was completed. In the same year, the formation's officers and soldiers carried out successful operations at the Klukhor and Marukh passes, they also provided security during the Sochi Olympics.

Location of the 34th Motorized Rifle Brigade

Today, the 34th mountain motorized rifle brigade performs combat missions in mountainous areas and is a completely new unit for the Russian army. It consists of 2 motorized rifle battalions, reconnaissance and communications battalions, a company of sappers, material support, medical assistance, and a commandant's office platoon.

eyewitness impressions

Material and living conditions for military personnel are good. The soldiers live in the cockpit barracks, 4 people in the cockpit. The room is equipped with a shower room with a bathroom, furniture includes beds, bedside tables and a wardrobe for uniforms. The hostel is also equipped with a gym with exercise equipment, which even has tables for tennis and billiards. The recreation room has a TV and a player. At the unit, there is a canteen in which civilians work. There is also a buffet-tea-house, where food is paid. There are also installed terminals for replenishment of the account (commission 6%). On the territory of the unit there is a bath and laundry plant, as well as a club where an Internet access office operates.

Housing for contract servicemen is a hostel for officers with families on the territory of the military camp, which also has a kindergarten, a school, a sports ground and a mini market. In the sports complex on the territory of the unit there is the only indoor climbing wall in Russia, where fighters master climbing skills on a special obstacle course that imitates mountainous terrain. The brigade shooting range, where motorized riflemen practice their skills, is equipped with trenches, various targets, bullet traps and caponiers.
The combat training program for soldiers is 114 hours for motorized riflemen and 128 hours for mastering mountaineering skills, which are mandatory in the mountains. Each serviceman without fail learns the rules of safety in the mountains, geography, skiing skills and equipment handling.

One of the "houses"

The 34th motorized rifle brigade has a separate section of the river, where the soldiers overcome strong currents in the summer and learn to move in special shoes with metal spikes in the winter.
A lot of eyewitnesses talk about a pack-transport platoon. Trained horses withstand mountain trails at any time of the year. During field exercises, the animals are divided into groups, and then connected to each other with a special rope and travel almost 100 kilometers a day. Approximately 200 hours are allotted for this kind of training. Each horse is capable of carrying small arms and fodder, that is, almost 250 kg of cargo. The breeds of horses for a pack platoon are Karachai or Mongolian, both of which are quite hardy. But the Karachays are more accustomed to mountainous conditions than the Mongolians, who move much faster. The highest altitude at which pack animals are used is from 4.5 to 5 thousand meters.

Typical gym on the floor

Communication with relatives is carried out only on weekends, the rest of the time mobiles are with the unit commander. Of the mobile operators, it is recommended to use Megafon or MTS with local regional tariffs.
Payments to soldiers are made once a month for conscripts. Contractors receive cash subsidies 2 times a month. All payments are made to the card of Sberbank of Russia. ATM addresses:

• st. Cooperative, 39 (shop "Victoria");
  • per. Soviet, 7.